Scamander Trip: Day 4, Heading Home!
Updated: Added Pictures


We awoke to a gloriously sunny, calm morning - what a horrible day to leave!

A drive down to Bicheno, with a beach stop along the way to feel my toes squidge through the sand.  We made our way to the Sealife Centre, which no longer has an aquarium, but does have a lovely gift store and restaurant.  We continued on to the Blowhole.  Even on a calm day, it didn't dissapoint!



The abundance and variety of sealife inhabiting the rocks around the Blowhole area was just fascinating!  Seaweeds, starfish, molluscs, crabs - even a freshwater pool in the rocks near the car park with resident frogs!!



We managed to spend quite some time wandering around on the rocks down there, then headed back to the Sealife Centre for some lunch.  I was gobsmacked by the view as I pulled up again in the carpark:


We chose the Sea Life Special to share for lunch - and wow!  What a feast.



I decided I just had to brave the water before leaving the coast behind, and was rewarded with watching a large school of fish feed just in front of me.



All in all, I had a lovely trip away with my Mum.  All the places we visited were absolutely fantastic, but the highlight was definitely our trip to East Coast Natureworld!  If you're passing through or near Bicheno, do yourself a favor and go visit!
Comments
2 Comments
2 Responses
  1. Kelli Says:

    great snaps of your trip away. I grew up in Bicheno and my folks still live there, sort of opposite the Sea Life Centre. The nature world is fabulous and my kids love it. I think it is up for sale too


  2. Helmaree Says:

    Thanks Kenebi!
    The head keeper at Natureworld suggested I come down next year and do a week volunteering while I'm studying - I'm sure I could cope with being in Bicheno for a week!!!

    I just LOVE the East Coast. I'd rather spend time away there than most anywhere else!


Post a Comment

I just love reading comments!

save the date