It's beginning to feel a lot like...
Summer!  Christmas!  BBQ Season!  Party Season!  New Years!

Pick any of the above, or add your own!  It's around this time of year that I start getting really excited about the upcoming festivities, reminiscing about the months behind, and posting more to my blog (yep, predictable...)!

Long hot days spent enjoying good wine and food with friends...  Camping and kayaking... Swimming at the river...  Why wouldn't I be excited?!

I've already started making mental lists of all the yummy things I get to cook next month to give away to friends and family.  Don't forget to check out my Recipes page to get your own ideas.  I've even got a few new ones up my sleeve to share closer to Christmas!!

Ideas for gifts are racing through my head, and where the heck did I put all the leftover Christmas Cards?!


Work
As usual, work has been a hoot, with busy and quiet times, and plenty of variety!  A few people have mentioned to me personally and also via blog comments (Thanks Melinda!) that they would like to see me post more about what goes on at the Clinic, so I'll try to post a work update every week.  Hopefully.  *grin*

For this update, I'll tell you a cute story.  On Friday, I had Surgery Nurse duties.  Aside from setting up theatre, organising invoicing and paper work for the days surgeries and assisting the Vet in surgery, one of the Surgery Nurses other duties is ensuring each animal is injected with a pre-medication once they have been checked into Hospital.  We had several cat surgeries on Friday, including two tiny little black male kittens from the RSPCA, who I had injected earlier in the morning.  Another check-in was a very pretty Ginger and White female.  As I was bending down to talk to the Ginger & White, I felt something bump against my knee, and heard a little "MEOW!".  The smallest of the two tiny black kittens had escaped through the bars of his cage!

Luckily our Cat and Dog Ward doors are closed at all times, seperating them from the rest of the clinic!  Whoever adopts that cheeky little kitten will have a miniature monster on their hands!!  Lovely little things like that just help keep a smile on my face in what can be a heart-wrenching job at times.

Horse
I have now been for two short trail rides on Gypsy!!  I'm so proud of how great she is looking, and how far she has come.  I'm hoping to take her to Riding Club again this month, and a trail ride next month.  Fingers crossed!!


Anyway, back to the original topic... So, what are you excited about for the coming Summer months?
Comments
0 Comments
0 Responses

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments!

save the date