My Birthday!

My Birthday was yesterday (February 12 - mark it in for next year!), and I had a pretty damn good day considering I'm now on the far side of the 1/4 Century.

I had planned to start off with a nice extra hour of sleep after Broc left, even with the cats yelling at me for food - that I can tune out from.  The big black dog sticking his face under the doonah and snuffling his big, cold, wet nose into the small of my back is a little harder to ignore.

Breakfast, if you can call it that, consisted of mini bake-at-home Ciabatta rolls with assorted indulgent toppings including sun dried tomatoes and basil pesto, Mmmm...

Spent the day at home doing little bits of housework at my leisure, interrupted only by a relaxing visit from my Mother-In-Law with a lovely card & present for me.  Later on, Casey also dropped by with a pressie for me!

For dinner, I talked Broc into taking me out somewhere, and he picked the Jailhouse Grill, one of my favorite places to eat.  I had something a little different to the usual, their Scallop & Bacon Kebabs, which were just YUMMY!

We passed on staying for dessert, instead dropping by Coles on the way home to pick up one of our favorite desserts - a box of Brandy Snaps and a can of Cream!

Doesn't sound like a very exciting day, but the celebrations continue today with cake for lunch soon courtesy of Dan, then on to Festivale for tea & drinkies with Broc, Mum, Jeff and whoever else we run into!  But more on that tomorrow (when I eventually wake up).

Comments
2 Comments
2 Responses
  1. Laura Says:

    Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a bit late.
    I love the jailhouse, though for the salad bar, not the meat :)


  2. Helmaree Says:

    Mmmm, salad bar. Forgot to mention in my post I had 3 serves!!
    TY for the birthday wishes :D


Post a Comment

I just love reading comments!

save the date