Yep, I'm a Spoilt Brat
I managed to score a 3ft Hexagonal fish tank a couple weeks ago, and it has since been sitting on a couple bits of pine on the dining room floor, waiting for us to do something with it. I asked Broc to take a look...

After some deep thought (see facial expession above), my lovely Broc decided he'd indulge me and build a great big cabinet spanning the full length of the dining room!! So, a couple hours and a load of sawdust later, we moved it in...

Then came the fun task of catching 5 Goldfish, 1 Bristlenose Catfish, 3 Rainbow Fish and 1 Hillstream Loach so I could drain the existing 3ft tank enough to move it without cracking the thing. And where, might you ask, did I put them while draining the tank? Well, where else of course, but in a 30L Esky! Except for the Bristlenose of course - she has a bit of an attitude problem, so I lifted her out, plant, cave and all and put her into her own tub.

So now, after much sloshing about and heavy lifting, our dining room looks kinda like this. I'll post another picture once the front of the stand is closed up, and the place isn't so trashed ;) (Err, excuse the plumber bum).

Labels: edit post
Comments
1 Comments
1 Response
  1. Anna Says:

    Aw, wouldja lookit that? Cute little fishies... nice job on the stand... shame about the authentic trady's crack :D


Post a Comment

I just love reading comments!

save the date