Oh the PAIN!
As you may (or may not) know, last week I had a molar removed - that nasty, skanky thing in the back of my mouth that's been broken since college.


Anyway, it started to heal up OK, and the pain had subsided a bit by Wednesday. Thursday onwards was a whole other story. The pain got worse - a throbbing ache which even Panadiene Forte and constant heat packs could not quell. Plus there was this little sharp bit which I thought was a piece of tooth. No. It wasn't (I checked - more ouch).


An emergency visit to the Dentist first thing Monday morning confirmed my worst fears - a dry socket, and a nice sharp piece of jaw bone that would hinder healing and needed to be dealt with as soon as possible.


Back in on Wednesday morning at 9AM for some more local anaesthetic and the dentist got to drilling and filing the protruding piece of jaw down, then proceeded to stitch up my gum. Apparently, I have pansy girly thing gum tissue, so this took awhile.


Thankfully it's all over now - the stitches are dissolvable, the mouth wash is revolting, but at least the two different types of pain relief seem to keep on top of everything.

Labels: , edit post
Comments
0 Comments
0 Responses

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments!

save the date