Impromptu Dining Experience
We had a meal out last night, between running my Nan from the GP to A&E and catching a few hours rest at home before picking her up again. Nothing major, just the joys of getting old!

Anyway, I talked Broc into a counter meal or something instead of the usual choice of McD's, and we ended up at The Newstead Hotel. Broc chose the Restaurant section: Olives.

After a thorough look at the menu, and the specials board, I decided on my standard of Smoked Salmon Ceaser Salad ($17) and an Iced Chocolate, and Broc ordered his stand-by favorite of the Roast of the Day: Lamb, with roast veggies and a bowl of chips. Total: $42

My Iced Chocolate arrived first. What a work of art! In a biiiiig glass, with a HEAP of whipped cream on top, as well as those tubey chocolate wafer biscuits, and a generous drizzle of chocolate syrup. Hiding under the cream was a big lump of vanilla ice-cream, icy-cold chilled milk, and more chocolate syrup. Bliss! So, Broc ordered one aswell! Price: $3.50

Our meals arrived shortly after Broc's drink, and for a small pub restaurant, very late in the evening, I was pretty impressed! The lamb was melt-in-your-mouth, the servings generous, and plenty of salmon in my salad. Loads of bacon and Parmesan in it too - a bit too much perhaps!

All in all, a fantastic meal, good service and a nice atmosphere. I'll definitely be going there again!

Labels: edit post
Comments
0 Comments
0 Responses

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments!

save the date